Welcome to PhotoGuide Japan!
A guide to photography in Japan.
Learn about Japanese photographers, photo galleries/museums in Japan, and more. Also see tens of thousands of photos of Japan. By Philbert Ono.
Travel Alerts - Updated: Sept. 2, 2020
- In Japan, masks are required when entering any public facility including photo galleries/museums, camera repair centers, etc.
- Japan’s camera industry in 2020
- Asahi Camera magazine ceasing publication
- Independent Camera Repair Centers in Japan (Updated!)
- Photo museum in Tsuwano, Shimane
- Japan’s first nude poster
- Japanese buzzword for 2017: Insta-bae
- Exhibition: Dawn of Japanese Photography: The Anthology
- Correct pronunciation of bokeh
- Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography reopens
- Photobook Diner Megutama
*Background photo: *Background photo: Olympic rings at Nihonbashi, Tokyo (no longer there).
Meet Japan's photographers and/or their work.
*Background photo: Canon booth models at CP+ 2010 Camera Show in Yokohama.
Learn more about Japanese photography.
*Background photo: MeFOTO tripod booth at CP+ 2015 Camera Show in Yokohama.
For consumers in Japan.
*Background photo: Canon booth at CP+ 2015 Camera Show in Yokohama.
Discover Japan! Many great subjects to photograph await you. (Matsuri = festival)
*Background photo: Mt. Fuji and Lake Yamanaka in Yamanashi Prefecture.